Shareholder Dispute Solicitors
If you are engaged in a limited company and experiencing problems or a shareholder dispute, our specialist team of shareholder dispute solicitors are here to help you.
Types of shareholder disputes
- The company has stopped paying dividends to the shareholders (members) of the company
- The company has made a decision that the shareholders consider has devalued the business or effected the potential of the company
- There have been unauthorised payments to a director or payments made out of the company on behalf of a director without authority
- The board has somehow acted improperly
- The Company is in deadlock
- A director is focusing efforts elsewhere and / or competing with the company
How to resolve a shareholder dispute
Such cases require very careful attention to the factual background; the articles of association; any shareholders agreement; the complexities of the relevant legislation; and the Court’s decisions over the last few decades.
We are sensitive to our clients needs and attitudes when advising on the way forward. Hopefully, a negotiated settlement can be reached before any formal process is underway.
If not, various options may be appropriate: petitioning for the winding up of the company; putting it into administration; or a petition for relief from unfair prejudice.
At Ralli, we work closely with a number of forensic accountants to assist with the thorny question of valuing the shares in dispute.
Contact our shareholder dispute solicitors
For help and assistance on queries relating to shareholder disputes, contact our Commercial Dispute Resolution team on 0161 832 6131 or get in touch by filling out one of our online enquiry forms.
Find out more on our Commercial Dispute Resolution page.